[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
heeen's blame forum • View topic - Some excellent writing on Nihei

<  Manga  ~  Some excellent writing on Nihei

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:26 am
Silicon CreaturePosts: 62Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:16 pm

On one of the websites for Sarah Horrocks, she has a couple of excellent articles on Nihei. (link above)

I wonder if she has ever joined this Blame forum?

Her article on Sidonia has made me consider taking another look at it, although I so far prefer Nihei's first few series.

She's also considering writing a much longer piece about Nihei this year. Let's encourage her to do so! You could comment in this thread or contact her directly. We need more analysis (in English) of Nihei's works.

http://mattfraction.com/post/70201151919/a-guide-to-my-sarah-horrocks-writing-for-2013

She wrote: "I thought a lot about Nihei this year. I didn’t write that much though, weirdly. My big thing critically in the back of my head for next year or the year after is to write a big ebook on Tsutomu Nihei’s Blame! The audience for that is like…basically one person. But clearly I don’t care about that, I wrote about the Counselor for petesakes, and no one cares about that."

Nihei is an influence (among others) in her own comics/art.

She also writes well about other worthwhile artists.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:30 am
Silicon CreaturePosts: 70Location: PortugalJoined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:44 pm
Thanks for sharing. That was an interesting read.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:34 pm
Self Aware AIPosts: 190Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:14 am
when i think about nihei, i think 'why the fuck dosent this guy get the appreciation/recognition/watever for his works'

but then again, people who potentially could understand his works are like 7 at best and .0238 of those are actually reading manga.

there was this band oceansize who was basically 5 geniuses went into studio and made music equal to tool x radiohead and have like 4 fans

Offline Profile