[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
heeen's blame forum • View topic - Smoking

<  Talk'n'Spam  ~  Smoking

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:24 am
Silicon CreaturePosts: 99Location: Oklahoma City, OK, USAJoined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:01 am

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:55 pm
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 217Location: SwedenJoined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:34 pm

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:47 am
Silicon CreaturePosts: 99Location: Oklahoma City, OK, USAJoined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:01 am

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:52 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 70Location: PortugalJoined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:44 pm

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:38 pm
I don't give a shit about looking cool, if I wanted to do that with smoking then I'd get that electric cigarette thing that's going around nowadays, which seems to me to be completely pointless.

Also, if you're coughing blood from cigars and pipes, then you're doing it wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:53 pm
You don´t have to bring it to your lungs to have a lung cancer.

Keep that in mind, also, you can cough blood from tongue cancer. But in this case is more like spitting rather than coughing.

Now, eletric cigarette? Never heard of those.

O´cmon, smoking is a psychological addiction as much as chemical.
People smoke "among other reasons" because it makes them look cool.

But no, I don´t smoke.
I tryed, it tastes like crap, makes me cough like hell.
And it kills you faster than oxygen.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:54 am
Fair enough, it's a bad habit, I'll give you that. An enjoyable one if done properly, but a bad habit nonetheless. The "smoking to look cool" thing seems nonstandard and artificial to me, I suppose people associate smoking with looking cool in the same way people associate wearing expensive sunglasses with looking cool - more of a side effect of what it's done for. People don't smoke if they don't like it (can't imagine why they would, "looking cool" is too shallow a reason IMO), they smoke because it provides something they wouldn't get otherwise, just like sunglasses protect your eyes from harsh sunlight.

As for the electric cigarette, it's fairly new:

To each their own, I guess.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:43 pm
ExterminatorPosts: 125Location: GermanyJoined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:13 pm

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:02 pm

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:31 pm
Man, I never said smoking looks cool, I said cigars and pipes looks cool!
I agree with Karnagoz when he says that it is absurd to assume the only reason to one smokes is because it looks cool. I also agree with Zud0 when he says smoking -and drinking- has very appealing appearance to young people.

I said cigars and pipes looks cool because cigars "and specially pipes" are somehow poetic.
Lord Byron wrote a whole bunch of poems about smoking a pipe while crossing wild seas and oceans, and hell, the poems are great.

Plus, another thing that strikes me; some pics of Einstein and Freud smoking cigars, and they look very intriguing with all the smoke floating above their heads. And yes, that´s just mere looks, but for me looks good. What can I do?

And I don´t even believe in psychoanalyzes. *yes, there is no smoke floating on this one.*

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:05 pm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:59 pm

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:13 pm
BuilderPosts: 31Location: Oporto, PortugalJoined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:57 pm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:49 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 53Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:08 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:29 pm