[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
heeen's blame forum • View topic - Energy Source

<  Manga  ~  Energy Source

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:40 am
HumanPosts: 1Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:07 am
While reading some new posts tonight i was reminded of a question n a topic thats never been clear to me...we know Killy has his "Killy cookie" brand snacks early on in th story, but there is a scene later on, in volume 8 i believe (i don't have my copy in front of me) Killy seems to attach jumper cables to himself and either shorts out this large energy station or absorbs its power? it confused me further because i have often wondered if he is "self powered" for lack of a better term, derives energy from the megastructure via conversion towers, or periodically needs to receive energy from this environment. The latter two explanations may account for the fact that in the end while he is on the edge of the megastructure is unable to regenerate himself any further...Another thing that just hit me is that possibly the majority of his energy is going into the development of the child be apparently "bears"...I know this post of all over the place but as far as i cant tell these topics have not be discussed directly

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:40 pm
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 274Location: The Megastructure, Level 13666Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:47 am
Like in BIOMEGA, Killy is actually the "battery" for the GBE as Zouichi is the battery for the railgun and Gravity emission pistol.
Every time it is fired at a high power (anything above power level 0 were the gun tip isn't even lit up) will drain Killy's energy. I believe he can recharge it, but it would take a seriously long time. As Killy developed in power, he was therefore able to access greater modes of the GBE (Level 4+) also, that's why when he connected his body to the dead Safeguard Robots, he was able to use GBE 4+ for the first time (in the series, anyway).

The crunchy food sustenance that he has at the beginning and the injections he takes to the hand/head are probably just supplements that he uses to accelerate his inner power generation (the injections may also be self-repair nano-robots that he uses earlier in the series when his self reperation systems aren't running at optimal efficiency).

When he gets REALLY angry in Vol. 9 and fires it at level 4+ several times, that is when goes to the power plant and channels its energy into him (which I think is kinda creepy considering that there were miles of the stuff...)
I guess that he also uses the energy to regenerate, I mean, who wouldn't be just a little tired after facing off against against a Silicon Creature Battlemecha, an exterminator army, two special safeguards and a Class 1 Exterminator?

Because of this he repairs himself slightly slower very late in the series, but he can direct priority to things like his head (Final Chapter).

P.S.

Killy didn't bear the child. It was pretty much an egg that had been produced in Cibo's abdomen. It would hatch only when Killy took it to an uncontaminated level. I doubt that looking after it took much energy off of him.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:30 pm
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 219Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:05 am
yeah, he can store extreme amounts of energy inside himself, like a battery, just better :P
i think that's why he looks so ragged at the end of the manga, his vast energy supplies are running out and he barely manages to muster the energy needed to repair the head injury, so he is left in a coma of sorts for some time when he floats around in the water (which anyway reminds me more of a drug trip )

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:30 pm
Electronic KnightPosts: 380Location: MalaysiaJoined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:21 pm
I digress; Anyone here do any baking? I propose some research into developing tasty, nutritional KILLY COOKIES!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:32 pm
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 274Location: The Megastructure, Level 13666Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:47 am
Awesome! And of course, we'd have to use that chapter to get the appearance right. I always wondered what they tasted like. They'd probably be a pale grey but I always figured they'd taste like chocolate chip cookies without the chocolate chips.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:39 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 99Location: Oklahoma City, OK, USAJoined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:01 am

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:41 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:58 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 99Location: Oklahoma City, OK, USAJoined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:01 am

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:00 pm
Some people just have all the luck...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:14 am
that means he has no need for a penis, which leads to the question: does Killy have a wang?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:34 pm
Well...he doesn't need hair and he's got that. I think he's got one. :twisted:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:16 pm

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:58 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:21 am
Electronic KnightPosts: 380Location: MalaysiaJoined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:21 pm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:30 am
Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding....We have a winner!!!

:-D

You know, come to think of it, it's firing at a bit of an odd angle. Maybe he had Cibo/Sanakan/Pcell in mind at the time.

Offline Profile