[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
heeen's blame forum • View topic - Negative Corridor

<  Manga  ~  Negative Corridor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 4:48 pm
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 211Location: Maybe on Earth? Tokyo, JapanJoined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:03 pm
I wanted to ask for this for quite some time now and I allways forgot...
I was searching for new works of Nihei and I found that works for Blame world are Noise, Negative Corridor and Snikt!
I was searching like crazy for that and then accidently stumbled across it - in NOISE as special chapter. It is among Omanga scanns and before the last chapter of Noise in separated zip file so I didn`t noticed it...
It is short, wierd and doesnt have any sense to me...
So have anyone seen that chapter? What do you think about it and how did you interpreted it... I dont get it why it is "published" as spacial title... (???)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:39 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 62Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:11 pm

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:49 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 62Location: Milano, ItalyJoined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:42 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:50 am
HumanPosts: 21Location: Seattle USAJoined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:25 pm
Okay, that explanation makes sense, but when do we see that the little guy is looking at a butterfly wing? I've looked through the chapter a few times, and I don't think the inside of the petri dish is ever shown.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:48 pm
BuilderPosts: 33Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 9:27 pm
to me it looked like they are making mass experiments on the people. i mean, the "little cloned dude" is actually some kind of "doctor" and if you looking close all the people gets "infected" with some kind of "butterfly dna". they even do the pupation thing...

and after that process they have butterfly wings and can fly...

thats how i see the story..

@solid and shade:

the inside of the petri dish is shown on the last page... you can clearly see a butterfly wing (or death butterfly and you can only see the wings....)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:41 pm
ExterminatorPosts: 142Location: BrazilJoined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:10 pm
I don't know if the "little cloned dude" is really a clone. In the last page there is photo of a girl. I think that all of the little guys where children who got their heads shaved and are used by they own will (or not) in the experiments. The photo and the butterfly wings are some kind of memento of the little girl representating what she was and what she wants to become, some kind of butterfly. And everyone there are transmutated too, you can see them in line going up some kind of stairs. In the photo there is a guy too, but you can't see his face. He could be the father of the girl, the head cientist of the thing that used her own daughter in the experiments (she can be adopted like the other childen), or someone important for her that died and now she wants to become a butterfly for revenge or because everything else didn't matter anymore. Anyway, there is a lot os possibilities, those are just the way I've read it. =D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:17 am
Electronic KnightPosts: 307Location: Bay Area, CA, USAJoined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:56 pm
Here's what I see. The first panel shows a long line of those children (cloned or otherwise) facing some sort of table. Next we see one of the children in a room pulling a 'brick' out of the wall, which turns out to be a box. We next see a line of black robed individuals climbing stairs, and then the child again opening a container retrieved from the box. The child then turns into a cacoon (thats the same room the child was in earlier). We then se the dark cloaked figure leap out of a doorway with another vision of the child opening the container. The last page consists of the black robed figure spreading its wings whil falling into a filed of white (probably representing freedom or something). We also see the childs container with a butterfly wing in it and a picture of a little girl.

We thus have three separate scenes, the child, the cacoon, and the adult 'butterfly' almost definately all the same individual. These correspond to the three stages of a butterfly's life: Pupa, cacoon, and adult. I think this is pretty much obvious.

As for the picture of the girl, I'm not sure. My guess is that it was also in the box and that the growth of wings and escape was a means to find the girl, perhaps symbolizing the growth into puberty and an interest in the oposite sex, since those kids appear to be male.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:43 pm
BuilderPosts: 36Location: ItalyJoined: Thu May 19, 2005 7:05 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:32 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 56Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 1:09 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:47 pm
HumanPosts: 17Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:41 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:41 am
Self Aware AIPosts: 154Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:37 pm
but on the other hand, we see a birth chamber of some Silicon Creatures in the first Volume of Blame an they are in some Tanks ore something like artificial wombs.
Thats seems to me a better idea of a birth of a SC, its more controlled and desinfected (in the medical way), then just developing spomewhere in a dirty old corridor (because the SC's said, they have a much higher intellect than humans)
its only possible, that this episode shows an early form of life of the SC's when they dont have enough equipment... aaah but i dont know, maybe, because there are no words in there :oops:

Also i dont now, if lifeforms, based on silicon actually HAVE a DNA helix...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:49 pm
BuilderPosts: 34Location: FranceJoined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:20 am

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:04 pm
BuilderPosts: 36Location: ItalyJoined: Thu May 19, 2005 7:05 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:23 pm
BuilderPosts: 34Location: FranceJoined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:20 am

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:52 pm
Self Aware AIPosts: 175Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:01 am