[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
heeen's blame forum • View topic - Where to buy Blame

<  Manga  ~  Where to buy Blame

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:16 pm
ExterminatorPosts: 125Location: GermanyJoined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:13 pm
Does anybody know any source where I could get all volumes rather cheaply in either English or German. Sadly the German translation is out of print, as is the American Tokyopop one, so both go for partly insane prices (>30€ per volume).
Do any of you know of any cheaper versions?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:28 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 99Location: Tier 0/1Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 9:16 pm
I know. I have been buying used copies for cheap but am missing volumes 4 & 6 which are insanely expensive right now!

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:04 am
Silicon CreaturePosts: 62Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:16 pm
I found this other thread which shows that volumes 4 and 6 have been hard to find for a while. Lower print run?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:38 pm
HumanPosts: 3Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:26 pm
vol.4 and vol.6 are so much more exspensive than the other eight, that the "cheapest" way to get the collection is to buy the entire set on ebay, where they go for about $300.

I just got blame! vol.4 off amazon for $39.99 A couple months ago I purchased vol.6 for about the same price. They arent in mind condition, but i only paid a third of the normal asking price. I did this by checking amazon once or twice a week for years, and patiently waiting for affordable copies to become available.

I would love to know why these volumes are more valuable, but the thread linked above doesnt give a definitive answer.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:25 pm
Yeah, You can find them in Japanese for $20.00 all day long.

I think I'm going to for out the cash for vol 4 soon... :cry:

These two volumes are holding up my large volume project.... If someone was willing to donate their paperbacks, I would give them large format hardbacks in exchange...

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:46 pm
I just found your thread about the large format tabloid BLAME! project. Very impressive. Somehow I missed it previously. I have the US Tokyopop editions and the Japanese collections. I wish I had spare copies to donate. I'll keep looking aournd.

One thing for you to be aware of if you're scanning and enlarging the pages: the reproduction is better in the Japanese versions. Maybe someone else will voice their opinion and confirm this (I don't have my copies handy). But I remember that when I bought the Japanese volumes, followed by the US translations, it appeared to me that there was more detail in the Japanese books, and that the US ones were slightly lower res scans.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:14 pm
Thanks. I was curious about the quality. I had initially though of going this route but realized I would have to rework all of the text... This may be the route I have to go. The Japanese version of 4 & 6 can be obtained for about $20.00.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:21 pm
HumanPosts: 13Location: rotterdam sectorJoined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:20 am
Hi, long time no post on my part.. good to see this forum is still going :-D

To go with this topic, i still don't have my German (Egmont) version of Blame complete and have a few doubles that i would like to trade (in order to get it complete)

anyone who has the same problem? maybe we could exchange

here is my doubles and unwanted versions:
German (Egmont): Band 1, 5, 7 and 9
German (Feest) book nr 2
French (Glénant) book nr 4

i also have the English (Tokyopop) of Book 3 that I'm willing to trade for the German one

I didn't yet went to sell them on Ebay (i have never sold there anything yet) i mostly just deal on the Dutch marktplaats.nl as i live in Holland.
I also have contacts in Berlin that could do (if i asked them nicely) an exchange personal for me.

So if anyone is intrested or has tips where to get them other then ebay or amazon, give me a shout (or wisper)!

edit: ofcourse i want Feest versions too as they are nearly identical to the Egmont ones

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:31 pm
Good luck in your search! I also want to see Blame come back into print in English & other translated languages.

Other than amazon or ebay, try some used book search engines. Occasionally books are listed there which are not also cross-listed on amazon or ebay.

Or contact your local comic book store and see if they are willing to email other stores they are friends with , so they can ask if the other stores have copies of those books on their shelf.

For now, if just want to enjoy the art, the best editions are probably the oversized Japanese editions which came out last year.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:37 pm
BuilderPosts: 34Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:15 pm
Yeah, I had to flee screaming for the hills because of how expensive it is. A bit nasty