[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
heeen's blame forum • View topic - Preferred volume

<  Manga  ~  Preferred volume

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:11 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 62Location: Milano, ItalyJoined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:42 pm
Which volume do you like the most in Blame? I appreciated very much the first three volumes, for different reasons. The first one is has an unique atmosphere, with so few dialogues; the second and third show a beginning of storyline.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:42 am
Silicon CreaturePosts: 67Location: Valencia, SpainJoined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:37 am
I like following volumes for the following reasons:

1st Volume - because has a lot of stories , is very varied. and it has a very intriguing end with respect to the future way of Killy.

2nd volume - because it has incredible battles, painful truths, history begins to keep awake and appears my favorite personage Shibo(Cibo).

3&4 - the set of 3rd and 4th volumes because she has fascinating surprises, Killy obtains powers, begins the finalcountdown battle, shibo lives incredible adventures and the saga of the Heavy Industries Toa introduces itself. (Sanakan the best in 3rd volume) (Shibo the best in 4th volume)

5th volume - Killy and Shibo passengers in the time.

6th volume - War for Life in the Heavy Industries Toa

7h volume - New Silicates , new Safeguards.

8th volume - Truncated hopes and dreams volume. Killy break out into the battle, illegal connections, Shibo begins to develop the end of history, all new silicates and safeguards died, Shibo Angel of Destruction (Level 9 safeguard), Killy feels the real pain jeje...

9th volume - Shibo very cute >_<

10th volume - Sanakan gets angry... , (dangerous read - volume 10 >>>)
Killy no is the father of the children. Sew, Sanakan and Shibo...children has connection genes

Last edited by Narev on Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:45 am
HumanPosts: 13Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:38 am
Wow, Narev, that's one detailed list! ;D

I don't have any of the manga with me, so I'll just talk about the ones that gave me the most impression:

Vol 1 & 2: These were the very first, so Nihei's style hadn't grown in yet. But it was the first, and portrayed a Killy that is quite a bit different (in Blame! standards) from how he is later on. This Killy had emotions, ate food, got nervous, took unexplained drugs, and spazzed into a freaky "laugh maniacally as I blow things up" mode at extreme moments. He almost seemed a bit of a dipswitch, with the way over-sized people could bully him, while in late volumes, Killy takes on silicon life and bloopy monsters with cold, calm mechanicalness.

Meanwhile, the later Killy is much more restricted. He blows things up stoically, he loses limbs just as stoically, and he just keeps going, up up and up. Every once in a while he pulls a shocker and blows up a "woman" that's cranking out baby clones, or shoots a nerdy, unthreatening cyborg scientist just because it was silicon life, and it makes you take another look at what exactly defines Killy's modus operandi. But those times are rather far and few between.

Vol. 3: I remember how impressive this volume was, where Nihei's dramatic black style really started to reach the presentation of his characters. And Sanakan...well, I don't think I need to explain her. ;D

Vol. 4-6: I forget exactly what was in each volume, but wherever there was Mansarb and Seu, and Ivy and Maeve, then I was all over it. I can't help but call them The Dynamic Duos. Sue was just mindblowing with his role as Mansarb's Knight in Shining Armor, with the absolutely loyal devotion to protect his lady. The tragic realization that Seu was practically retarded from all the body regeneration he went through, and that Mansarb really cared for him....*sigh* What can I say? And then they disappear in a stream of static and bits, off to whatever passes as an Afterworld, leaving behind only a small sample of Seu's genes...

Vol. 7-8: DHOMOCHEVSKY!!!!! KYAAHAAHHHHhhhhhh!!!!
*ahem* I think I've talked about this before, but to me, Dhomo seems the most alive, most "normal" nonhuman in the whole world. He has attitude, he lies but is still a good guy, he gets angry, yells, and has gratitude but is too manly to show it beyond "lemme shoot that monster before it eats you". He slams and bangs his way with the gruff of a tiring, but still determined veteran, and goes out only after he's given his very best.

I only WISh there would be _something_, sequel, prequel, whatever, that would explain his past. I mean, DOODE, random flashbacks to flopping fishes, fields of roses, and those incredibly significant pauses as he stares at and sweat drops at P-Cell? Everything *screams* past history.

Vol. 10: It's the END! COLOR. Killy *dies* (seemingly). With such unresisting silence, half his head blown away, but alive long enough to see the orb glow and grow in the clear blue-green water. Mission accomplished, finally. I just wish I didn't feel so bittersweet about it. =/
---
Ahahha, talk about long-winded. ;D Hope everyone else has more thoughts to add!

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:55 am
HumanPosts: 7Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:54 pm
Whoa! :shock:

BTW I like Volume 1-3 most of all :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:24 am
ExterminatorPosts: 108Location: Land Of OzJoined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:11 am
My Favorite Volumes would have to be 3&4 because of the *HUGE* Safeguard that attacks killy,cibo and the fishermen (Sakan reveals her true form as well 8) ) it's also the first time we see killy's gun transform and shoot that huge GBE beam 8).

I dont really want to say this but I didn't like volume 5 very much at all. It was probably the volume I disliked the most :cry: .

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:36 am
HumanPosts: 5Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 8:54 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 4:10 pm

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:32 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 62Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:11 pm
(Note, this is just my opinion here....)

Yes, the girl in Volume 9 is Sanakan.
But Sanakan IS Musubi.
She has worked for the Governing Agency ever since she became a Safeguard way back in Noise.
Safeguards are not separate from the Governing Agency.. They're like a whacko antivirus system that you can't turn off, and the Governing Agency used to use them for protection (Example: Killing Silicon Life) but now the system's gone too far.

As for my favorite volumes, they would be 1 and 2, because everything was nice and made sense.

-Jenshin

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:38 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 67Location: Valencia, SpainJoined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:37 am
o_o what are you saying?! Musubi is Sanakan?
that theory is very interesting, is necessary to write down it to it
:)

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:03 am
ExterminatorPosts: 137Location: Valdivia, ChileJoined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:07 pm
Wow, that theory I hadn't heard of yet. Mine is that Pcell is probably Musubi, but I'm tired now, so if someone is interested I'll just edit in the details later, or write a fanfic as crumb suggested.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:01 am
ExterminatorPosts: 108Location: Land Of OzJoined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:11 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:14 am

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:05 pm
ExterminatorPosts: 137Location: Valdivia, ChileJoined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:07 pm

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:22 am
Silicon CreaturePosts: 62Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:11 pm