[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
heeen's blame forum • View topic - Noise

<  Manga  ~  Noise

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 12:52 am
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 211Location: Maybe on Earth? Tokyo, JapanJoined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:03 pm
I finaly got my hands on Noise. Yeah, i could order over net, but... anyway, its really rare item. Even here in Tokyo, you cant get it in book store... nowhere. So i had to order it. Its so cute. Grate quality, bit small, but lots of suprises...
Now for example two major ones:
a) there are some pages that are missing in Omanga scans!
After Musubi escapes SG research facility and attack SC fortress - there are quite few slaughter combat fights that are not in Omanga scans. However, ending of fight is complete - she just come to those 3 huge SG, you see sword blast and epilogue...
But...
There is big suprise. After Noise goes short but cool Negative Corridor... and then...
Tsutomu Nihei DEBUT work BLAME! 1995!!!Aldo I am Niheis fan... this is horrible!!! :wink:
Drawing is so bright, lines completley straight and precise, character design sucks and story is completley crappy...

In short, some guy attack some guy and then they get killed. STOP.
Then comes guy with Killys design... and he is COP! :roll: Shoots gun a bit and then he gets directly tu guy who did it... STOP.
Then when he gets there he is attacked buy some super cyborg ( :D ), but he is so cool that he blows his head without problems... STOP.
The End
Thnx god that everything IS different! :-D ... but it is really interesting to see how things could look like...

Anyway. how about we talk about Noise a bit :?: :idea: :-D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:39 am
ExterminatorPosts: 142Location: BrazilJoined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:10 pm
I have a brazilian version of Noise translation and it also have the Blame debut. It is really terrible! =D The great thing that shocked me was the landscapes and scenarios: if you compare with Blame!, the debut wasn't the Nihei that everyone knows. But my english isn't good enough to describe it. :/ But if anyone wants i can send via email the scans (but it's in portuguese).

In the translations of Blame! artbook, Nihei alway talk about noise, not the manga, but the concept "noise" in the theory of communication, that means a certain quantity of entropy that a message contains, and depending of the level, it could erase all the information. So, the SC will be the "Noise", the entropy that exists within the Netsphere and one day will erase all the information?

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 6:44 pm
Self Aware AIPosts: 167Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:01 pm
In Noise, I just LOVED the epilogue, when Musubi is saying what happened tho the world, I mean, it is just so cool T___T
Anyway...
Maybe Nihei's trying to say that in time, even digital information deteriorates or something like that.
But I think Musubi's Identity was erased by the Safeguards who wanted her to cooperate with them so they deleted her information so the other safeguards won't come after her?...
well I don't know, it is just pure speculation.

About Blame DEBUT work... well there isn't too much to say, Nihei was unexperienced, I mean, it was 10 years ago!
And Negative Corridor it is jus a pretty story(in a dark-sick-and-non-pretty-at-all-way, j/k) that I took my time to understand it ^__^

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 7:11 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 82Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:32 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:26 pm
HumanPosts: 17Location: UK / PortugalJoined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:26 pm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:34 pm
HumanPosts: 11Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:41 pm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:21 pm
Self Aware AIPosts: 167Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:01 pm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:23 pm
HumanPosts: 23Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:02 pm

Offline Profile