[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
heeen's blame forum • View topic - Question about cibo´s "Dreamworld" at the end

<  Manga  ~  Question about cibo´s "Dreamworld" at the end

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:31 am
ExterminatorPosts: 107Location: Frankfurt am MainJoined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:08 pm
In the scene when cibo is in this backup for dead charakters (in that everybody sleeps) is one picture, in that cibo looks like a government official?

Why?

site before it:

the pic:

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:35 am
ExterminatorPosts: 142Location: BrazilJoined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:10 pm
She is not Cibo, but Mori, a character that Killy encounters inside a backuo device lying on a dead body when he is searching for Ciboe and Sanakan.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:24 am
HunterPosts: 515Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:00 pm
She (whoever she actually is, Mori or Cibo...i still dont know) is not the government official.
The government official in that picture is a memory of hers.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:40 pm
HumanPosts: 5Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:00 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:44 pm
Self Aware AIPosts: 154Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:37 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:33 pm
ExterminatorPosts: 107Location: Frankfurt am MainJoined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:08 pm
Mori is Mori, and she has him hanging around her neck.

I think, that this girl looks like cibo and has the haircolor of sanakan. It would fit for nihei, that he mixed the two characters into one.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:14 pm
ExterminatorPosts: 142Location: BrazilJoined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:10 pm
The girl says, in the same page of the guy form the GA: "A representative of the governing agency retrieved me from an emergency preservation pack...". So, first of all, the girl was in an emerhency preservation pack, probably the same one that we see around her neck, identical of Mori's (probably a direct reference of her being Mori).

And at the end of Log 60 the GA talks with Killy trough Mori, what indicates that they know of her existence, what implies that later she could be retrieved by them.

But the fact is: the girl was retrieved from an emergency preservation pack. The only character inside of one is Mori. If Cibo and Sanakan was put inside of one of them it is not shown in any point of the story, and for everything the girl said she was with Killy after Sanakan and Cibo were dead, because we don't se the encounter with the reprepresentative of the GA anytime before their deaths.

If you look at all the evidence, the most probable person to be that girl is Mori, specially because Nihei didn't make any visible reference of something that could identificate her as Cibo or Sanakan, nothing that was individual of them. The only reference to other character that we see is exactly the emergency preservation pack, so... In any point Nihei says that she IS Mori, soh being Cibo and Sanakan is a possibility, but a very slight one I think...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:17 pm

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:58 pm
HumanPosts: 2Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:47 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:04 pm
HumanPosts: 5Location: AmericaJoined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:01 pm
Mori is the name of the company, but I'm assuming that everyone just named her Mori, because that was more concise than saying "that-girl-in-the-second-to-last-chapter". :D

To Shade: I have to admit that there is mounting evidence that the girl was not Cibo, since Cibo never came anywhere near a Mori pack, and there would be no reason for her to be carrying one. But despite that, I've always thought that the personalities of "Mori" and the girl didn't match up. Mori talked without stop, tried to steal Killy's body, and demanded explanations after the GA "possessed" it. The girl was much more subdued and polite and looked a lot like Cibo.

Maybe the identity of the girl was purposely made ambiguous. She does seem like a blend of the main characters that have come into contact with Killy: Cibo's face and personality, Sanakan's hair color (which, I have to admit, is a stretch, and Cibo did originally have black hair), and Mori's preservation pack and memory. Maybe the girl is more a symbol of all the people waiting for the end of Killy's mission than an actual character. And maybe Nihei is evil and likes to make these things insolvable.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:17 am
HumanPosts: 7Location: PhxAzJoined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:13 am

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:39 pm
HumanPosts: 21Location: italy,requiem bloodymareJoined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:08 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:52 pm
HumanPosts: 6Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:49 pm
>Nihei didn't make any visible reference of something that could identificate her as Cibo or Sanakan

It's Sanakan in her childhood time look, take a look on NOiSE, you could find her on her childhood photos.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:03 am
ExterminatorPosts: 100Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:38 am
Not to threadjack, but I think baybal is on to something with his post. I've mentioned the theory before, but want to reinforce it.

Noise (Ch. 3) Pg. 71. The poster of the missing children... I see Sanakan on the top row, third from the left, Killy in the second row, second from the left, and I see the Safeguard humanoid that blows a hole in Killy's head (Final-Log, Pg. 207, 215-217) on the bottom row, third from the left.

I know Nihei tends to repeat faces, but it's awfully convenient.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:46 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 59Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:50 pm

Offline Profile