[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
heeen's blame forum • View topic - BIOMEGA Discussion

<  Manga  ~  BIOMEGA Discussion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:12 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 52Location: Teruel, SpainJoined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:47 pm

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:37 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 58Location: GermanyJoined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:02 pm
Dunno, if you still wanna hear some crits from my side for Biomega, but anyway...here we go!
First thing: Don' tell me the art lacks in any way! Its perfectly done and actually an improvement to Blame which displayed some tiny bits of unresolved style and drawing imho! Biomega is different, it has this real professionality. Nihei's use of black colour and especially the screentone techniques are very profound and unique. Also the character's faces have continuity, something Blame didn't have at all. I mean, compare Killy in Vol 1 and Vol 10...
Story wise it really was different from what we know from Blame or Noise. I really miss those unending passages without dialogue! There is too much being explained in Biomega.
Apart from that, the first chapter really caught me. It was a great intro.
Then it became somewhat weird with the bear...Didn't like the E.T. -parody and all the funny elements actually. Hope Nihei won't change his narrative style and put in even more fun stuff in the future! It doesn't suit his stories...
The butcher was cool I think. Nihei finally came up with some new character designs! Actionwise it was indeed good old Blame.
I loved the overall atmosphere in the later chapters.
Although Biomega doesn't reach Blame's or Noise's "mentality", it still offers some remarkable stylish elements and ideas!
Thus I am looking forward to the second volume!

www.hideyoshi-ruwwe.net
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:50 am
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 211Location: Maybe on Earth? Tokyo, JapanJoined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:03 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:12 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 58Location: GermanyJoined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:02 pm

www.hideyoshi-ruwwe.net
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:47 pm
BuilderPosts: 29Location: http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=121190Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:41 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:06 am
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 211Location: Maybe on Earth? Tokyo, JapanJoined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:03 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:07 am
ExterminatorPosts: 108Location: Land Of OzJoined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:11 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:25 pm
BuilderPosts: 29Location: http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=121190Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:41 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:52 pm
But really, if Toha Industries could make a so powerful homonculus like him, who could kill butcher that fast, and equipment like that then they wouldn't be in a position like that. I think they would've known about the missiles and the virus about the time that other company knew.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:20 am
ExterminatorPosts: 142Location: BrazilJoined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:10 pm
First of all, my english is terrible, so I will try to say some words about biomega. Its repetitive and has a lot of errors, but I will try anyway...

Well, I think that Biomega is great! I don't expect it to be Blame!, simply because isn't Blame! It's like more pre-balme. After all, the Earth still exisist! So, there is no problem in the ausence of GBE and many of blamse stuff. No safeguadars nor net sphere. So it's only another resident evil-like story? I don't think so. Blame! isn't only the GBE, Killy or the Megastructure. The great aspect of Blame! is the ausence of humanity. Few words, almost no sentiments and very few humans. There is no humanity, only safeguards, silicn creatures, governors, constructors and the megastructure. Nothing of it is human. If you considerar, in some way, humanity as reason, there is no reason in Blame! world, only chaos, or something like that.

In Biomega the humanity will die. If Blame! takes place after de apocalipse, Biomega happens during the end of the world. All that is shown in Biomega ins the born of the Governing Agency, and then, Net Sphere and Humans with net terminal genes. So, I Think it takes place before Noise too. So, no Megastructure. The technolgy for the GBE probably will appear lonly in the future.

In Blame! the Toha Heavy Indtrues is a independent structure within the Megastructure. If the Megastructure represents the GA, so isn't strange that the THI won't join then in the future, considerating they are figthing the GA in the present (Biomega). Probably the THI isn't powerfull enough to destroy the GA. The GA will dominate the world but also can't destroy THI. They'll coexist, fight agsinst othe sometimes, but both will surivive until Blame!

SO, is still possible that Zouchi is Killy. But teh only thing i can say is that he comes foram a pre-safeguard system, even coming bfore the GA. In the future he could even work for the GA, but now he is with Toha...

There is no way to affirme on thing another, but I think that all of it is possible...

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:55 am
Nyooo... some really good toughts you have there...
Biomega has its charm and potential... same as NSE... remember Blame!s first few chapters... if we now see 1st chp or volume of Blame! our oppinions would be damn different. Some guy with crazy gun and kid is going around, not talking anything, and he kicks ass... and? Nothing. And yet, what Blame! become after that we are all crazy about it... ^^

What is biggest complaint about Biomega from most people isnt about connection to world, possibilitys of story or its potential. It is bit fucked up design of arhitecture, characters, scenes from movies and lots of crazy craps that dont fit so well in world that we know. As independent story, it would be different, but he already made connection with world of blame, so...
Anyway, the future will tell... ^^

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:45 am
Self Aware AIPosts: 167Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:01 pm
My opinion about Biomega, Noise, (the other one that I couldn't remember the name at this moment, try again after the beep :X), Blame!, and NSE, that I think nihei is trying to create a world with is stories, I mean, like Tolkien did with lotr, the hobbit, the silmarilion, and stuff, I think nihei is doing the same, so I believe those mangas belong to some timeline that nihei created.
well that's just a theory
sorry for the bad english.
:D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:38 am
Silicon CreaturePosts: 83Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 11:22 am

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:31 am
Site AdminPosts: 322Location: GermanyJoined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:08 pm

Offline Profile WWW ICQ
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:55 pm

Offline Profile