[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
heeen's blame forum • View topic - Knights of Cydonia is coming in a few days

<  Manga  ~  Knights of Cydonia is coming in a few days

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:51 am
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 219Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:05 am
i like it actually, sure it isn't blame! or noise, but think of it like this:
Blame! and noise are the perfect cakes, they have your favorite glazing, and taste like the best thing you ever ate. but every now and then you need a normal sandwich, to me Knights Of Sidonia looks like a sandwich.
if anyone understood any of that :P

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:24 am
BuilderPosts: 41Location: Germany, HellstedtJoined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:21 pm
Yeah i agree, but it seems like nihei tryed to become mainstream. And somhow it looks like a previw to a TV-Series ala Gundamm or Eureka7... dunno

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:07 am
HumanPosts: 3Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 5:12 am
Although I agree with what most of you wrote, I'm more willing to wait and read couple more chapters before I judge this manga. [C'mon, we're all Nihei fans right? :oops:]
I was a bit surprised that the main character is a bit of a dork rather than the cool, stoic, gun-expert, and silent Killy or Zouichi. Or was that just me?

And, in my humble opinion, Nagate (the main character) looks more like young Zouichi from Biomega. But can you blame Nihei for making his main character look similar to each other? Ok, yea, I suppose we can... but what I'm trying to say is that Nihei pretty much developed his art style and he probably just wants to draw what he does best. [and, thus, ends my lame attempt to defend this story =P]

Offline Profile