[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
heeen's blame forum • View topic - knights of cydonia

<  Anime & Merchandise  ~  knights of cydonia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:02 pm
Self Aware AIPosts: 190Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:14 am
trailer, cast, blah blah blah

http://knightsofsidonia.com/
http://starchild.fm/anime/knightsofsidonia/

i don't think i'm going to like it.
not premise-wise, i love the manga.
from the trailer you can see it has great cgi, but the seiyu's accent is too mainstream.
and those dumb faces and expression you see on most anime.
looks like they're going for mass audience here.

coming this april

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 2:46 am
Silicon CreaturePosts: 70Location: PortugalJoined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:44 pm
I watched the first couple episodes after it became available at nyaa. It looks pretty good, it has a grit to it, unlike most CGIs I've seen. I didn't feel they are distorting anything to make it more palatable to a bigger audience, it feels very much like the manga imo.

I won't be watching it, though, I just can't watch anime for some reason. Manga is the only way to go for me.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:56 pm
i'll watch it this week maybe

most anime adaptation are shit, but i love trigun and.. uhh well i'm not really into anime.
having typed that, ergo proxy/champloo/witgh hunter robin/paranoia agent are really good.
and the first two of rebuild of evangelion, wtf went thru their minds when they made the third one..

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:05 pm
watched the first 8, not much.
no 'nihei' feel innit so to speak/type

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:33 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 99Location: Tier 0/1Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 9:16 pm
I haven't seen it yet. That is sad and yet not surprising to hear...

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:27 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 64Location: HessenJoined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:28 pm
Ok, i have to admit, I'm quite impressed by the first episode.

I expected it do be much worse. I mean I was so thrilled about that old BLAME! anime (besides i craved everything nihei related back then) and it hardly moved me...

I guess it has been said enough in the years since, about how hard it would be to adapt nihei's works into animation. (even less colour is still my first idea) I just hope, the quality keeps up or even surprises me further.

funny you mention ergo proxy / champloo because I really like that style and hoped for Sidonia to be in that region...

I think I write some more, when I'm trough some more episodes. It's quite some time since I was so looking forward to an anime. Got to take them slow, one by one XD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:58 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 62Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:16 pm
It's been very strange to keep hearing about this recently (all the advertising for Netflix's "first-ever anime series"), after being used to not hearing much about Nihei's work at all in mainstream media.

For example

It looks pretty good, although I'm also in the camp of usually preferring manga to anime.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:11 pm
BuilderPosts: 34Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:03 pm
it was pretty cool to log into netflix and see a nihei work as an "EXCLUSIVE NETFLIX ANIME"

I'm just glad more people are hearing about him the anime is not bad either idk why you guys are lamenting his work getting an anime adaption it's about damn time be happy for the guy

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:18 pm
you've watched those 2 blame! prologues back 7 years ago?

that's what a nihei adaptation should be.

koc anime isn't bad, just too how do i put it.. not very nihei-ish

well.. anyway

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:02 pm
BuilderPosts: 34Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:15 pm
I was so stoked t o hear about this adaptation, especially since I saw that it was what nihei was aiming for. I prefer the mood of his earlier works but I was proud that he got an adaptation. Even better was that the anime itself is unique with its full cg look.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:57 am
BuilderPosts: 34Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:03 pm
those blame shorts gotta be at least ten years old by now

this usually happens with anime adaptions anyways it did with berserk, kingdom, the 90's Jojo (new one is surprisingly good), etc.

in the end, it gets more people reading his original BLAME! manga, which is a good thing

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:10 am

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:29 am
BuilderPosts: 34Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:15 pm
Haha, you seem to have seen them when they just came out. I had to hunt them down when I heard of them. Very trippy stuff. Good adaptations IMO.

Have all of you finished the anime yet?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:44 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 64Location: HessenJoined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:28 pm
I saw it months ago, but my post here didn't made it into the thread I'm affraid.
Did I miss the mentioning of this article somewhere here:

https://www.the-newshub.com/stories/kni ... april-2015

"In related news, Knights of Sidonia: Battle for Planet Nine is cross-promoting with another anime series, Blame!, a cyberpunk and horror story adapted from the original manga. The first episode will be airing within episode eight of Knights of Sidonia: Battle for Planet Nine. "

I am very looking forward to the 2nd season, and especially the second try on a BLAME! Anime - I'll be sitting right besides Lala, when they show it :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj_fop8eYHA

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:34 am
Holy Cow!
How did I miss that preview!

Offline Profile WWW