<  General 2.0  ~  Making a fully functional suit like Killy's

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:09 am
HumanPosts: 3Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:25 am
Hello there! first time im hitting this forum!... anyway, onto the post

Killy's suit was something i was interested to ever since i started to figure out how it worked. I've seen topics related as to how the suit works, but i had the idea that it would be nice to make a fully functional suit like the one Killy uses through out the series. I know he changes the suit (so it would be suits) but i believe that a version from any of the suits that he used during the manga, could be done. I've been thinking a lot about this and having thought about the fact that we can't have something that's beyond our present technology, BUT we can still make something cool and useful (at a level). For example, integrated circuits (that can be done with some knowledge on electronics, not as small as usual chipset factories do, but something that can work). I've worked with stuff like that before, by making a software that can control an electronic device (created by my cousin, as a project for the university science fair in which i helped). Now this kind of software (at that time) wasnt able to work if it wasnt plugged to the computer, but then again, there are circuits (i cant remember the name) that can be loaded with any program we write and then act as it was the computer, and the whole other circuit (with its own particular set of operations) can be plugged to this simulating circuit and perform what it was programmed for. Soooo, goin back to the topic, right now im not quite sure what things should this suit control, maybe it could be an interface between a cellphone and us, or stuff like that!

well, now that i've started this topic, comment on it!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:38 pm
ExterminatorPosts: 108Location: Land Of OzJoined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:11 am
Heating is going to be a major issue, not to mention the amount of sweat produced from the user :oops: I hope to see a prototype of this suit one day.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:12 pm
Electronic KnightPosts: 380Location: MalaysiaJoined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:21 pm
Killy's suit does anything?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:39 pm
HumanPosts: 3Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:25 am
Well, about the sweating and stuff... i know that there are special fabrics that are designed to allow the user to hardly sweat and/or to feel fresh, like the new fabrics that are being used in football uniform. Some of them are a bit expensive to use, but maybe there's a way we can use some fabric that's easily affordable and be able to build a prototype...

Beyond that, about the question "killy's suit does anything?", apparently it does (if you have read the other topic related to killy's suit), and i remember that Killy is always pulling wires out of his suit to interface with stuff in the environment or with new data that he founds.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:32 pm
This is the stuff I generally use in regard to that first bit.

I always imagined those wires are not part of his clothes per se but he carries electronics on him.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:38 pm
Electronic KnightPosts: 307Location: Bay Area, CA, USAJoined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:56 pm
Unless I'm mistaken, the wires that Killy 'pulls out of his suit' are actually connected to him. They're networking implants, and it's how he downloads the builder language into Cibo.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:09 am
In the first issue he carried the builder interface program on a handheld unit though.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:22 am
Self Aware AIPosts: 167Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:01 pm
I think is suit is formed by some sort of layers

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:24 am
Electronic KnightPosts: 307Location: Bay Area, CA, USAJoined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:56 pm
ShakKen wrote:
In the first issue he carried the builder interface program on a handheld unit though.
True, but after he was injected with nanomachines by Sanakan, he could do it at will.

Offline Profile